I am Mog Anarchy, and I like to play games. Whether they are old, new, retro, modern, online, offline, console, computer, critically acclaimed or notoriously bad. Here on my blog, I rant about, review, trash talk, praise and generally talk about all of my favourite and least-favourite games. I also write my own guides on how to accomplish tricky tasks, show off my creative endeavors and challenge myself with crazy in-game tasks. I also have a bunch of gaming merchandise which I am glad to show off. So drop me a comment, I love hearing your questions, criticisms, comments and general gaming discussions. :)

06/11/2014

Fable Anniversary's Pause Screen Suggestion

While playing Fable Anniversary, if the batteries in your Xbox controller die or a wired controller is unplugged, you will be greeted with this message:

This is why is love Fable; it's SO BRITISH. And it's not the sort of British most video games are - either taking the piss out of Britain or completely misinterpreting Britain. I know most Americans, when they think of the UK will think of LONDON and nothing else. A "British" accent is a London accent - which in itself is a misnomer, there are shitloads of boroughs (and for Americans, that is pronounced like "burrows") of London, all with their own unique accents and dialects. Most people from outside of the UK have no idea where I'm from, because my accent "doesn't sound British". 

In addition, if there's ever a level or world based on the UK, what do they use? Tower Bridge, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham fucking Palace, the London Eye and Big Ben - London, London, London, London and London. I'm from the UK and I've never even BEEN to London! The closest thing to London I've visited is Essex - and if you don't live in the UK, you won't know where that is either. Ugh. 

Rant over, I think I shall take the pause screen's advice and treat myself to a cup of tea AND an apple.
I've just noticed how FUCKED that picture looks. The mug is one of those oversized ones and the apple is one of those mini kids' apples. Whoops. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am playing this at the moment and I also took the pause menu's delightfully caring and british advice :)

    ReplyDelete